About Keiretsu Forum
Keiretsu Forum is a global investment community of accredited private equity angel investors, venture capitalists and corporate/institutional investors. Keiretsu Forum was founded in the San Francisco East Bay in California in 2000 by Randy Williams. Keiretsu Forum is a worldwide network of capital, resources and deal flow with 52 chapters on 3 continents. Keiretsu Forum members invest in high-quality, diverse investment opportunities. The community is strengthened through its involvement in social and charitable activities.
Keiretsu is a Japanese term describing a group of affiliated corporations with broad power and reach. Keiretsu Forum is described as a conglomeration of individuals or small companies that are organized around private equity funding for mutual benefit. Keiretsu Forum believes that through a holistic approach that includes interlocking relationships with partners and key resources, they can offer an association that produces the highest quality deal-flow and investment opportunities.
Our mission is “Great Association With Quality Deal Flow”.
Keiretsu Forum membership is comprised of serious investors, business leaders, venture capitalists, corporate/institutional investors and serial entrepreneurs. Keiretsu Forum enjoys synergies and close relationships with venture capital firms, universities, and other partner organizations. These relationships facilitate the access to capital, talent, technology, and resources needed to build a successful venture.
…With Quality Deal Flow”
Our quality and diverse deal flow comes from our community of members, venture capitalists, sponsors, incubators and universities. Keiretsu Forum members invest in investment opportunities that focus on emerging technologies, healthcare/life sciences, consumer products, real estate and other segments with high growth opportunity.
Angel investment on a global scale
When you’re part of Keiretsu Forum — as an angel investor member or as a presenting entrepreneur — your angel funding and investment opportunities are never geographically limited.
“Local knowledge, global reach.”
That’s the philosophy behind Keiretsu Forum’s worldwide angel investment network. With 1,850+ members in 32 North American Chapters and 1000+ International Members in 20 chapters across three continents, you access carefully vetted and diverse investment opportunities from across the globe. This benefits our entrepreneurs as well, as they are presented with worldwide opportunities to access the angel funding they need to grow their startup and entry-level businesses.
Consistent with this definition, Keiretsu Forum is a conglomeration of serious investors, business leaders, venture capitalists, corporate/institutional investors and serial entrepreneurs bound by two overlapping and codependent goals:
- To work together for each other’s mutual benefit, forming strategic partnerships, enhancing each other’s knowledge and building an angel network of diverse skills
- To access promising angel investment opportunities around the world
Since Keiretsu Forum’s founding in 2000, its members have invested more than $1 billion in 950+ different companies from a myriad of industries, including software, telecommunications, health/life sciences, biotech, real estate, mobile applications, Internet, consumer products and other high growth areas.
At Keiretsu, we’re passionate about merging localized knowledge and firsthand due diligence with global investment reach. This unique combination of local and international expertise is what creates diverse investment opportunities and quality deal flow for our angel investors.
The following points summarize our uniqueness and provide insight into why accredited investors are enthusiastic about our approach:
- We are a global network of capital, resources and deal flow with over 50 chapters on 3 continents including: Northern California (East Bay, North Bay, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley), Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Silicon Valley, and Westlake Village), Pacific Northwest (Portland, Seattle, Bellevue/Eastside, and Vancouver BC, Canada), New York, Chicago, Ann Arbor, Cincinnati/Midwest, Rockies/Denver/Boulder, Salt Lake City, West Palm Beach, Atlanta, Washington DC, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia. Our international chapters are located in Dubai, Seoul, Singapore, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Pristina, Andalucía, Bangalore, Chennai, San Sebastian, Nordics/Stockholm, Istanbul, Jakarta, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Mumbai, Toronto, Vaughan, Waterloo, London, and Paris.
- The screening and investment analysis of companies is done by the members on a collegial basis in which members have the opportunity to learn from each other.
- Keiretsu Forum members invest in a myriad of opportunities. 40% of our investments are in technology companies, 30% in life science, 20% in real estate, and 10% in other opportunities. Our members are not dedicated to only high-tech early-stage companies. Investments can be made in any industry sector where members have a background of knowledge and expertise. We feel that allowing the members of local chapters to invest together in situations where they have knowledge allows them to build the collegial working group (committee) that can later branch out to other areas such as software, healthcare/life sciences, clean technologies, telecommunications, energy, food & beverage, consumer products, media & entertainment, etc.
- Members invest directly in the presenting companies which the members themselves select. This creates an environment in which those who have invested are pleased they did, and those who did not are satisfied with the reasons they didn’t. No member is pressured to invest, and no member misses a potential investment opportunity.
- Our growing network of chapters benefits both our members and entrepreneurs. Members have the opportunity to see quality deal flow from other chapters, while entrepreneurs are able to present to multiple Keiretsu Forum chapters. As our network grows, so too do the opportunities for entrepreneurs to raise sufficient early-stage capital using a familiar process in multiple locations around the world.
- Our social events and committees help connect the Keiretsu Forum chapter to the local community. This further builds an environment of trust within the local chapter in which members feel at ease to reach out for guidance on investment issues and provide their knowledge to others who ask their advice.
- Networking among the members is a cornerstone of our approach—it is the basis for the “Great Association” portion of our tag line.
- The balanced structure of our membership provides entrepreneurs with an opportunity to present in front of accredited investors who have the capacity to invest in their offerings. Therefore, we purposefully limit the number of sponsors and Forum Resource Members to ensure entrepreneurs have access to investors.
- Keiretsu Forum enjoys open exchange and collaboration with other angel forums and investment communities. We are open about what we do and embrace interactions with other angel networking groups. This relationship benefits entrepreneurs seeking investments from multiple angel groups.
Keiretsu SEE Chapter in Prishtina is the leading and continuously growing global private equity investment network operating in Southeast Europe. It was set up in 2021 to connect SEE and global investors with innovative SEE and global startups in search of capital.
SEE Chapter is the main and only meeting place linking SEE and global investors with promising futuristic SEE and global startups looking for investment. We are highly determined to provide absolute excellence in helping investors and entrepreneurs find the perfect match and create long lasting profitable relationships.
Pristina, is not only home to a vast majority of youth and thriving businesses, but also a hub for entrepreneurial development through its inviting business environment. Based on recent economic performance and interest shown by policymakers to improve the local innovation system, the remaining challenge facing Kosovo is to leverage from this interest and enthusiasm and build momentum.
Through the Keiretsu Forum, the Pristina chapter seeks to do precisely this, by attracting Angel investors and promoting regional cooperation in the Balkans as a whole.